Monday, November 15, 2010

Gay Incest Father And Son

readings

readings is always an adventure. You never know how many people come to a listen, and how the people on what one reads, react. The space you have usually not yet seen, or at most on the Internet, and you do not know how are the acoustics and lighting. All this is very important for the result. With the result, I do not mean the number of books that are then sold, but the satisfaction of the visitors - even if they do not immediately buy a book from me, they should remember the optimism, maybe others about it tell you later think of the Christmas shopping, perhaps because they are still here and there should have a backup gift in store.
three very different readings I had in the last days: In Bobingen, in Bergen and in Augsburg-Oberhausen, and all three were to be an intimate experience, for which I am grateful to each of the organizers.
Bobingen organizer was the Department of Culture. In the "Middle Mill, a beautifully restored historic landmark, it is under the umbrella of a well-equipped lecture hall, whom I know of several occasions her. Forty to fifty people fit into it. Quite as many, although not come, but that was not bad. It was a nice, relaxed atmosphere. Florian Hoeck (saxophone) and Natalya Frenzel (piano) plays music by Astor Piazzolla, of which I was particularly of "Libertango" at the end enthusiasts, and a little girl (probably the daughter of the pianist) playing with her teddy bear. A good sign. Dr. Keller, my editor at Wißner publisher, was there (he has Analyn and I drove there and back safely, for which I thank him here especially). In the audience I saw Bill Fox, a fellow writer, and Ingeborg Anderson, one in the region quite well-known artist and journalist. Special honor: Mrs. Donderer of pure Harthofen, a niece of Luise Rinser and the hostesses at the inn "green tree" (see my travel blog ), was present and was enthusiastic about my crime.
So a few familiar faces lift the mood, but I would have done better with the selection of texts not experiment - there are more interesting places than the ones I've read that evening. Still, I was glad that people have not been bored, but is hard on the book table of Mrs. Lohrke (which is from their close bookstore in the station road now moved to larger offices) went.

My audience - Back row right: Birgit Fuchs, front right with camera: Ernest Anderson, front left, with striped sweater: Woman Donderer

Bergen: Six days later, I was invited in the new bookstore in the city of Bergen Street Bismarck ( http://www.buchstaben-online . com / ). Formerly a second-hand store with cramped conditions shows the store today what you can do with a clever knack for making everything. The shop is divided into two levels with two or three level difference has a lot of fantasy for children and friends offer good advice and lively, very friendly owner, who had taken the trouble, after reading my Novel, the wine that is mentioned in it, specifically to find them for this evening. A special attraction in the store is actually a small, lovingly put up table just behind the shop door, to see the various booklets with excerpts of current books. For reading, I sat in a comfortable, old-fashioned acting chair opposite with a high sink-in factor to an interested audience, and I was first aware right that the word STORE is the middle part of invitation.

A cozy atmosphere for reading

A day later I've read in court Hirblingen in Oberhausen, the original setting of my novel - but more of that tomorrow or the day after.

0 comments:

Post a Comment