Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Time Warner Digital Phone Modem

tutelage, the player's

It was supposed to me so do not be surprised if a game is announced, and some ridiculous activation, online, or copy protection thing is mentioned. But the C & C 4 in the solo mode requires an Internet connection that's getting ridiculous. Above all, the audacity of the whole thing to sell as a feature (\u0026lt;Collect as players in single and multiplayer mode constantly Experience>), I find even an outright insolence. Of course, so I must be online with copy protection and data collection, such as how long I play, how often, how often solo, how often multi, determined that no one interested at EA. EA is finally sold to a kindhearted and also furniture for the sims apartment to a more than fair price (\u0026lt;less other things, you have no rights to the images or Filmen, Entwürfen, you into the network stellen>). Honestly, 10 years ago and even before then a rubbish has not been made with the players. Since you bought a game, it installed and then played. End. Everything was there not.

was certainly have been in the 90s copy protection, who does not remember the hubs to Monkey Iceland:

copy of the past. I myself can still any question from the manual before the start of the hockey manager of Software 2000 answer by heart. For the Adventure 13 office received one as a non-age photocopying paper with letter combinations of numbers, that was almost a bonus for the atmosphere of the agent game. But in contrast to the current copy protection schemes, these were things that the buyer of the product have not restricted. Since he had bought so that the disks, manuals, etc. with. They were his property. Only for the pirates, it was a Restriction. They had thick manuals and copy that is identical with turntables.

What about the LAN mode:

I'm not a big multiplayer games. I almost always have all played offline in solo mode, because I was never really attracted the multiplayer game. With two exceptions, and these were called Starcraft and Diablo. Both games I played in LAN mode hours' round with my friends. As put in there real early memories as we had filled the room with computers. Just to be on the evening to the morning to play together. Today we would have for the successor to the Internet. Why? Why is the future of gaming a step backward? Clear to the manufacturers, there is real time many advantages, but not for me as a buyer. I will cut only one other time in my flexibility in dealing with a game. For any other game I would probably have been unimportant, but just with Starcraft and Diablo I connect very beautiful memory in connection with the LAN mode. As it hits me just to hear that you want to omit this mode, the successors

Steam.

Steam for me is such a thing. Since my games are also tied to an account and you have to constantly be online. It searches for updates, even if you set the options that you do not want to. If then strike the connection to the server, here's nothing. Who says the Steam always exist in the form as now remains? Also this meaningless Steam folder on my hard drive, which you copy as a whole needs to install the games to time on a different computer, there are, after all downloads already integrated. I myself have had my experience with the Orange Box through Steam, that help me a lesson. Steam is with death and thus ever the current game Empire at War and Dawn of War. These are PC-exclusive games and I will not play because I was not ready I am a tight rein fallen through Steam leave.

Used Games:

have just in the last week I used the game collections Play the Games Vol 2 and 3 purchased. I just got a lot of fun with the included games like Dark Omen, Dungeon Keeper 2 and I definitely will also enjoy Dark Project, Silver, Outcast, Populous, Driver, etc. have. These ancient games you get, too, used almost exclusively, I could not buy new to me. In the future, but we will have to miss out. Accounts can not be resold. Online activations are determined not made each time by patch reversed and if the server is available for activation nor more than uncertain. So, a more joy to me as a player is taken through these mechanisms.

Manuals and packaging:

There are already some posts on game packaging. Even here you get as a constraint imposed by the game manufacturer. Previously was a thick book, poster with technology trees, and so on and so forth, part of a normal game. It was easy to do so. Today would be bound nor a drum loop and then says this is the Special Edition, once paid a few euros more. Honestly, I simply goes by the desire to spend money on something I used to get Sun I can understand it even if the manufacturers want to make money, but well, I need it not for a long time. Fortunately, I have to buy it either.

The upshot:

me for all these unpleasant changes ultimately have the consequence that I will not buy me all these games. The imprint Steam does not buy. Online activation will be left behind. Any game that forces me to do something which I do not want just so I can play it, not bought. That limits me on the PC is now a very beautiful. Since I currently only keep my console games. Recharge, game goes in and off you. But nice packaging and manuals have not. Strategy games there are also few and all you have to unlock Achievements in multiplayer to be online, which requires DSL. Who knows how long one at the console can still just play like that. I'm really curious what the future will bring us players. More fun than early not determined.

0 comments:

Post a Comment