Friday, February 25, 2011

Masterbate In Shower Watch

poet worries

The life of a freelancer is not easy. If you work three, four, five months on a novel that has to the advance mostly already consumed before you get the money next. Money worries are part of the work of the author - it is in Zurich for two or three years, where an exhibition about an interesting catalog full of begging letters famous authors to their publishers.

Well, I will not write begging letters - I need jobs, ideas, and realize that I did want to get rewarded. I have to plan months in advance, the advances have come at short intervals, and always new, even before I worked off the last advance - a "shift work". For larger projects, I'm in trouble - I had something else in between Make to cover the running costs.
But the work is fun. I write what I want or think, at least for right, and if I look back over the last few years, I had quite a success. But it could be more and more dependent. I work on it. Earlier, when I decided to become a writer, I have always imagined to have somewhere in the Alps chalet, with panoramic views of the Silvretta-road, and I would sleep in the morning, as long as I wanted, then, about eleven, in a white bathrobe stagger to my desk and write a poem. A motherly housekeeper would bring me the coffee at the table and my current bank statements electricity supply, of course, in Swiss francs.
Well, what can a teenager dreams way it is. Fortunately it did not happen - I can write no poetry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment